Tour review scores and score breakdown
Based on 1 reviews
Guest reviews are written by our customers after their tour of Heritage Himachal with Amritsar.
- Value for money
- Program accuracy
- In Chandigarh, visit Nek Chand’s popular Rock Garden, made out of scrap and waste materials
- Excursion to Kufri, Mall road and scandal point in Shimla
- In Dharamshala, visit Tsuglagkhang Complex (Museum and Home of Dalai Lama), Tour of Norbulingka Institute, Monasteries and Yoga/Meditation programs (optional)
- In Amritsar, visit Harminder Sahib –The Golden Temple and Wagah (India-Pakistan border)
- In Pragpur, Visit the Kaleshwar Mahadev Temple & Nakki
- Services of English-speaking guide during sightseeing tours
- Assistance at airport and sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start and End in Delhi
Day 01: Delhi
Meet our representative upon arrival in Delhi and check-in at the hotel. India’s capital & a major gateway to the country, Delhi is contemporary and a bustling metropolis which successfully combines in its fold the ancient & the modern. Its strategic location was one of the prime reasons why successive dynasties chose it as their seat of power. New Delhi also reflects the legacy the British left behind. Overnight in Delhi.
Day 02: Delhi – Amritsar (By flight)
After breakfast, proceed to the airport to board the flight to Amritsar. Meet our representative upon arrival in Amritsar and check-in at the hotel. Amritsar also known as Ambarsar, is a spiritually significant city for the followers of Sikhism. The city derives its name from the sacred pool, which was founded in 1574 by Guru Ram Das – the 4th Sikh guru. This holy pond circumscribes Harmandir Sahib, which is popularly known as the Golden Temple amongst devotees. After check-in at the hotel, proceed to India-Pakistan border at Wagah. Watch the ‘Beating the Retreat’ ceremony where soldiers of both countries bring down their respective national flags in their unique styles. Evening return back to hotel. Overnight stay in Amritsar.
Day 03: Sightseeing of Amritsar
After breakfast, proceed for half day sightseeing tour of Amritsar. Visit the Golden Temple… the most exalted of all Sikh shrines, drawing pilgrims from near and far for centuries. For the Sikh community the Harmandir Sahib Gurdwara Golden Temple is the final spiritual “vision,” journey’s end or beginning. The Amrit Sarovar (pool of nectar), or the holy tank that encircles the Darbar Sahib, has given Amritsar its name. Later visit Jalianwala Bagh… a solemn reminder of the 2000 Indians killed and wounded here in the firing by the British in 1919. Jalianwala Bagh commemorates the martyrs, keeping the tragic episode in its historical context. Today, one finds a small gallery, the well into which the crowds jumped to escape the hail of bullets, and a simple memorial. Overnight stay in Amritsar.
Day 04: Drive from Amritsar – Dharamshala (200 kms / approx. 4 hours)
After breakfast, check-out from the hotel and drive to Dharamshala. Upon arrival, check-in to the hotel. Spend the evening at leisure. Overnight stay in Dharamshala.
Day 05: Sightseeing in Dharamshala – Pragpur (65 kms / approx. 1.5 hours)
After breakfast, visit Tsuglagkhang Complex – Centre of Tibetan culture, which includes a museum and the residence of His Holiness Dalai Lama – the spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism. Later, visit popular monasteries, Tibetan medical center and the Church of St. John. Later proceed to Pragpur. Upon arrival check into your hotel. Visit the Kaleshwar Mahadev Temple & Nakki. Evening return back to the hotel. Overnight stay in Pragpur.
Day 06: Pragpur to Shimla (200 kms / approx. 6 hours)
After breakfast check out from the hotel and proceed to Shimla – abounds in natural bounty and looks picture perfect. The small hill station amidst the lofty snow-clad Himalayan ranges, surrounded by lakes and lush green pastures look as though an artist has painted them. The unique thing about Shimla is that it still retains its colonial charm. Check-in at the hotel and spend evening at leisure. Overnight stay in Shimla.
Day 07: Trip to Kufri
Drive to Kufri after breakfast. This is a popular picnic spot located 16km from Shimla. You may hike on foot to the Mahasu Peak or pay for a mule ride up the hill. Mahasu is the tallest peak in Kufri that gives tourists an amazing view of distant snow-capped peaks. Return to the hotel in the afternoon. In the evening, take a walk on Shimla’s famous boulevard, Mall Road. See fine specimens of colonial architecture, snack at the various eateries in the market or shop for souvenirs. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 08: Shimla – Chandigarh (115 kms / approx. 3.5 hours)
After breakfast, drive to Chandigarh. Check-in at the hotel. Later, proceed visit Nek Chand’s Rock Garden which consists of man-made interlinked waterfalls and many other sculptures that have been made of scrap & other kinds of wastes materials. Overnight stay in Chandigarh.
Day 09: Chandigarh – Delhi (250 kms / approx. 4 hours)
After breakfast check out from the hotel & drive back to Delhi. Upon arrival check into your hotel & enjoy rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at the Hotel.
Day 10: Departure from Delhi
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Delhi airport for return flight back home.
|City||Nights||Category A||Category B||Meal Plan|
|Dharamshala||1||Indraprastha Spa Resort||WH Grace Hotel||Breakfast & Dinner|
|Pragpur||1||WH Judge’s Court||WH Judge’s Court||3 Major Meals|
|Shimla||2||Wildflower Hall In The Himalayas||Oberoi Cecil||Breakfast & Dinner|
|Chandigarh||1||Hyatt Regency||Lemon Tree||Breakfast|
Package Inclusions & Exclusions
- 09 night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above hotels or equivalent
- Air tickets and airport taxes
- Assistance at the airport & Hotel check-in / check-out
- Sightseeing as per itinerary by private tourist vehicle
- Entry Fee at the monuments
- Services of English-speaking guide during sightseeing tours
- Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax
- Optional activities are subject to availability. Charges additional.
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
- Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments
- Shimla & Kangra State Museums /vice regal lodge & Roerich Art Gallery/Naggar remain closed on Mondays
- All Govt. Holidays, Zoo in Kufri also remains closed on Mondays
- Hotel Check in 1400hrs and check out 1200hrs
- Package cost will not be valid during public holidays, festivals, exhibitions
and long-weekends. A surcharge will be levied and will be advised at the time of booking
- Please note prices are based 2 people sharing. Single room supplements apply.